Monday, September 1, 2008

Sweet Pickles Books

As many of you know I was a child of the late 70's early 80's. OK I turn 30 in 20 days. Yeah happy birthday to me. Because of my wonderful age I was blessed with the sweet pickles books. I loved these books and I cannot tell you how many times my mother read the great race, goose goofs off, fix it camel and many other pickles books. We would read these books in here red white and blue small flowered wallpaper bedroom where the head board was made of bright red velvet. Yes very 70's. Anyways, I loved these books so much I named my childrens store after them. I still own many of the 26 books and try to read them to my chilis. Unfortunatley they seem to like Llama Llama Red Pajama and many of the other rhyming books more. The Sweet Pickles have not caught there heart yet. But...... While I was at the local Value Thrift store today A little something caught my eye. No it wasn't the 100's of people there on labor day due to the 50% off sale, no it wasn't the lack of carts or the rent a cops patroling the 50% crazed thrift shoppers, It was a little record in the large stacks of records called Sweet Pickles Pop 26 Songs with Giggles and tickles and life's silly Pickles. Hey the name even rhymes. So with no price tag on it and it being a record I had to decide what I was willing to pay. Thrift shops are well known for not pricing items and when someone brings it to the check out and asks how much they give a rediculous price in hopes of getting it. So my husband looked at me and said what is it worth to you. I said I don't have a record player so lets say 2.00 sale price. So I shopped around while my husband checked out. (I personally can not stand in lines my brain just can't sit for so long) My husband handed it to the lady said how much she said 9.99. WOW the other records are only 1.41 (for some reason they can't price things even like 1.50) My husband said I don't think so then. So the lady comes back with a better offer "How about .99" "SOLD"! So here I sit with my less than 1.00 record and no record player. I am hoping a family member like my mother may have a record player. My mothers bedroom has changed since I was little but I tell you no lie, under her bed has not. She has soooo Much stuff packed under there I often wonder what I will do with all that stuff if she passes. You know that junk will be there in 40-50 years plus more junk. I guess if she has the record player than it will be worth the sorting in my later life.

1 comment:

Ryan A. said...

Don't forget about all the stuff under the couch's.