Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Bacon



Never blog while making bacon. Yep, its burnt. Well for all you bread makers out there I found something out today, you can use a little button on your stove called proofing to have your bread rise. Its so cool. Talking with Sara I was telling her my trick to get my bread to rise. I used to turn my microwave on for 45 seconds then turn it off and put my dough in the microwave so it would stay warm. Sara asked why I just didn't put it in the oven and use the proofing button. Wow, my bread looks awesome and so much poofier. So there is the tip of the day, see if you have a proofing button.
Second tip, If you are a huge couponer like me and have not set yourself up for paper delivery on Sunday mornings this tip will help. First buy your paper on Saturday the early edition, same coupons. Also buy it from one of those paper machines. We have one in front of McDonalds and its .25 cents cheaper. This way you can look through the ads a day earlier and see which day you should do your grocery shopping. Last week milk was 3.75 per gallon this week 1.64 per gallon. Last week bacon .68cents this week over 3.00. This simple thing can save you a ton. Also some websites like hot coupon world will actually post the ads a few weeks ahead of time so you can plan your whole month of grocery shopping.
Lastly, please pray this goes through. I had a lady on a cast iron stove Yahoo group contact me about wholesaling my homemade soaps in her store. If this happens it will be some extra cash for the family. Also on Saturday Jeremy will be skiing with experts Sara, Virgil and I, please pray his legs and head stay attached. He has only skied once with me. Ok just pray we have some good laughs and some fun with old friends. I attached a pic of Bono playing the guitar and Norah singing. Also Cait took a pic at Grandma Diane's of her smiling goat. He was happy to see the kids, wishes they would come around more.

No comments: