Thursday, November 13, 2008

TURKEY MAKING



Now every parent hits a time in there child's life when they get to decorate the Turkey. I have seen this task as young as 1st grade and as old as 2nd grade. Luckily it came early here in the big city. This is the 3rd time around doing this project and luckily I have 5 kids so I will get another 2 shots to make it perfect. Needless to say the 1st or 2nd grader gets a very small part in this project and mom gets the rest. This is not the child's decision but as the mother who knows best this is my decision. All the kids know this is really moms turkey. I posted a pic of the wonderful Turkey this year. I will also be hanging the turkeys I did from previous 1st grades up. Connie and Jo my aunts still put up my leather turkey I originally made in 2nd grade with my grandma. If you look at this Turkey (the original from the early 80's) you can see my grandma took over the project. Yes, she new better like I do now. This turkey my grandmother and I made has blessed the Anderson/Celander home for 23 years. WOW! Some day my children will drag out there Turkeys show there children and remind them Grandma's and Mother's know best. The turkey project is really for them.

If you look closly I did allow them to color the head and wings of the turkey. Oh yeah and the feet.
I discovered Facebook and was able to chat with some old High school friends. How Fun! So my husband walks down to the computer while Im searching youtube for Aerosmith's Pink. He then asks me if Im have a mid life crisis. WHAT! Pink was College not high school. I would need to search Metallica or Beck to get back to those days. Anyways if your a facebooker look me up.

No comments: